I can't believe that my little boy is going to be 1 month old tomorrow. The time has gone really quickly. Here is a little letter to Oliver for his first month milestone:
Dear Oliver,
You are going to be one month old tomorrow. You are so amazing. I love you more than I ever knew I could. I love being your Mommy. Here are some things that I want to remember about your first month of life:
1. The way you startle when you are sleeping. If you get startled while sound asleep you throw your arms up with your hands spread wide open. Sometimes you leave your arms straight up for a while and slowly let them down. It cracks me up every time.
2. The funny way you nurse. You start to breathe fast and shake your head back and forth. It makes your Dad and I laugh.
3. Your first stretch after waking up. You love to stretch and make the cutest little noises. It is adorable.
4. Your SMILE! You are usually so serious, but yesterday, April 5, 2010, you smiled at your Dad. Then this afternoon, you smiled so big at me I thought you were going to start laughing too. Makes me melt.
5. You love to be rocked and jiggled. If you are fussing, we can usually get you nice and calm by wrapping you up tight and jiggling you around. Glad we learned that trick early on!
6. You love the sound of the blow dryer and always nap like a dream while Mommy gets ready in the mornings. The sound puts you right to sleep.
We are getting to know each other better every day. I am so blessed to be able to stay home with you. I can't imagine having to take you to daycare. I am so thankful every day that I get to be a stay at home Mommy. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Your Daddy took 1.5 weeks off work to stay home with us. He was so sad to go back to work. He misses you so much while he is gone. I send him lots of pictures everyday because he misses you so much. He loves coming home every afternoon and kisses you and cuddles you first thing. He spends all evening talking to you and singing funny songs to you. You are lucky to have such a good Daddy.
Your whole family is crazy about you. Your Grandma Sherry babysat you last week for the first time. Daddy and I went out to dinner and had a good time, but missed you lots. Your Grandparents want to see you all the time. They can hardly go a few days with out coming to see you. Your Auntie Rachel loves you so much too. She sees you a few times a week and loves to kiss you on the lips.
Can't wait to see what the next month holds!!!
Love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love it - brought tears to my eyes. In a VERY good way of course. I can't believe little man is a month old!
ReplyDelete