Wednesday, August 11, 2010

5 Months Old!

Camping at Guernsey Resevoir in Wyoming


Playing on his mat


Playing in his exesaucer

Oliver on the 4th of July

Well my little man is now 5 months old. He has changed so much in the last few weeks. He is growing up way to fast. I am loving every new little milestone, and it is so exciting to watch him grow and learn. But come on kid! You can slow down a little bit :)
Oliver is into everything (as much as a non-mobile kid can be). He grabs everything. It is really fun to watch the progression of him learning. He used to not even notice things, then he started to notice things, then he would be a lit tle interested, now he wants everything! Cell phone? Put it in my mouth please! Remote control? Put it in my mouth please. He is making concious decisions that he wants this toy instead of that toy and not just taking what he can reach.
He is sitting up on his own now. We are marking that milestone as July 31, 2010. He is still a little slouched, and tips over fairly often, but it still counts. He is not content to lay down anymore. He wants to be in the action all the time.
He loves his feet. They go in his mouth whenever he allows himself to lay down.
Oh, and BABY KISSES! They are the best thing in the whole world. He grabs my face and pulls me towards him and just lays a big slobbery one rigt on me. It is the most precious thing ever. Melts my heart every single time.
Uh oh, I was a super bad Mommy today though. I don't even want to admit it, but...my little baby boy rolled off the couch today. I know, I know, he has been rolling for months, what was I thinking leaving him on the couch unattended? Well, he has been fine all these months. He lays in the "crack" of the couch and has never moved, and today while I was pouring the milk in my cereal I hear a "THUMP....then a pause, then a scream. I ran to the living room and scooped him up as fast as I could. He was on his tummy between the coffee table and the couch. He cried for all of 1 minute, then was all smiles and happiness again. Needless to say I have learned my lesson and he will not be left unatteded on any elevated surface again.
Here are some recent pictures of Oliver

2 comments:

  1. OMG he is so adorable, I can't wait to get more kisses from him when I see you guys today. I'm sure you felt terrible about him falling off the couch but I'm glad he was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I nominated you for an award over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete