One year ago today my whole life changed forever. DH and I had been trying to get pregnant for a few months. We were not super serious about it, but I was charting to increase our chances. Well my temps had been wonky that cycle and I thought that either I hadn't ovulated, or that we missed it. We had a before work roll in the hay just in case, and heck, just for the fun of it!! Well, on Thursday, June 25, 2009, I POAS and got my first ever positive.
I really didn't think that I was pregnant because I had started spotting and thought that I had started my period. But after a few days and never really starting the wheels started turning. I told my sister on Wednesday that I hadn't started and I was late. She tried to convince me to test that night, but I told her I would wait till the morning. Meanwhile, I hadn't even filled in DH on my thinking that this could be it.
I got up for work on Thursday and POAS and hopped in the shower, expecting it to be a BFN. You can imagine my surprise when I got out and glanced at the test and saw 2 lines. The line was faint, but it was there. I was shocked and totally freaked out. I am not the type to make a cute plan to tell DH, so I just walked out of the bathroom to the bedroom and said, Wake up! DH woke up and asked what was going on. I said "I'm pregnant" and he said "shut up" and started to go back to sleep. I had to tell him again and told him to look at the test. He looked at the test and didn't believe me. He didn't know that a faint line "counted". He thought the line had to be as dark as the control line. After I finally convinced him that it was for real we just hugged and I cried. He was super excited.
The hardest part of the day was calling my sis on my way to work. She and her DH had been trying for months without success. I knew that as happy as she was gonna be for me, it was gonna hurt her. We cried together on the phone for a little while.
Talk about an unproductive day at work! I couldn't focus on anything, my mind was racing. I was so happy yet so scared. It is a feeling that I can't describe. Ready or not, too late now, we are having a baby!
One year later, Oliver is 3 months 15 days old and the best thing that has ever happened to me. How different my life is today. Wouldn't change it for the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love this post - and that cute lil baby for course! What a difference a year makes huh?
ReplyDelete