Well, this is it! I have started a blog. My sister kind of got me hooked on blogs over the last few months. I guess it is time to finally start my own since I enjoy reading other's so much.
I couldn't really decide what direction to go with this blog. I thought of doing one that I would share with all my friends and family that would just be really general and full of fluff and pictures (since we have a new baby due any day now!). Or, a blog that I would use to put my true feelings, thoughts, vents, complaints, etc. I guess that my second option won! So, I will be putting all my random thoughts and posts here! I will probably start a 2nd one that can be full of fluff and pictures for friends and family.
So as I mentioned above, my husband and I are expecting our first baby on March 6th. I keep saying "any day now" becuase I am ready for him to be here! Being our first, I have no idea what to expect. I "think" we are as prepared as we can be. I mean, we have the nursery set up, have the crib, some diapers, a bunch of clothes and all the necessities. But as far as really being prepared? We will see!
I have decided not to go back to work after Oliver is born. It was kind of a scary decision. I have a job that pays pretty damn well for the work that I do. It just seems crazy to walk away from a stable, well paying job in this economy. But DH and I have worked and re-worked the budget 100 times and know that we can get by on his income alone. It will just be tight. I also can't imagine leaving this little guy, that I haven't even met, but already love so much, at a day care center. I just can't do it. I feel so blessed that we can afford for me to stay home. BUT, I am kind of worried about being a stay at home Mom. I really worry about not having anything to talk about but my baby. I don't have any real hobbies or things that will get me out of the house so I am going to have to work extra hard to have outside interests and stuff.
Well, I guess that will wrap up my first ever blog entry! I wish I would have started earlier to have a record of my whole pregnancy, but at least I got this started in time to have a record of the last few weeks, and the beginning of Oliver's life as an outside baby! *Fingers crossed that it happens soon*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment